Tuesday, January 6, 2009

GENEROUS THOUGHTS


by Noel Martin, 2005


I think I shall buy you some flowers, I may
Even buy roses, I really can’t say,
Whichever I choose, I shall buy you a bunch,
I think I shall buy them right after lunch.

Last week’s perfume I almost bought you was nice,
Subtle combination, lilacs and spice,
When I’m back there again, I’ll buy for sure,
I think I shall get you an ounce or more.

I’m thinking I will take you out for a ride,
Rent a limousine, with you by my side,
I know something like that would truly be great,
Maybe next Friday, I mean it, just wait.

I contemplate buying you bushels of stuff,
Yet thinking about it is just not enough,
It is the thought that counts, is what they all say,
But I give you something concrete today.

And given to you freely, right from my heart,
Something that permits me make a fresh start,
Since my wallet is still infested with moths,
From me, with regards, these generous thoughts.

No comments: